Forum Discussion

mohanbabu400
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

Running multiple projects from command line and get the consolidated report of all executed projects

Hello - I have been digging around the documentation etc and i see that only one soapui project can be executed using testrunner.bat/.sh at a time and hence generates only one report. Not that problem is running individual project but each porject creates a one report. Running multiple projects individually and having multiple report folders will be a mess. It would be greate if there is a way to create/consolidate the reports so all the executed projects results can be viewed at onle place instead of drilling down to each execution report of the each project.

Anybody having same issue? any alternatives? I strongly believe smartbear should support executing multiple projects and creating a consolidated report in one shot, if its not supported already

Appreciate any insights

Best, /Mohan

• Not sure how you really want to run, i.e., one project after one or in parallel.

What you are looking for can be done in simple steps. Its basically an operational thing.

If you choose to jenerate in junit style output while executing soapui project, then it is very easy to show the results in single view.

You do not have to worry about parsing/ merging etc of multiple results. It can be done if you write a simple ant target to generate the common html report for entire project.

Here is just ant task to do so. It takes the input as Junit style xml files (test results) which are generated by testrunner script with -j option (i believe). Of course, you can use the appropriate directory locations for your reports.

<junitreport todir="test-results">
          <fileset dir="test-results">
            <include name="TEST-*.xml"/> <!--all you need is files with this pattern-->
          </fileset>
          <report format="frames" todir="reports/html"/>
        </junitreport>

Wrap the above into a <target name='reports'><!-- all above goes here---></target>

Once the tests are complete, just call the above ant target, common report ready, say

ant reports

In fact, you can do every thing in ant script itself. i.e., even run the multiple projects using testrunner in ant itself.

Also See here https://dzone.com/articles/soapui-tests-antivy

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6648244/how-to-integrate-soapui-with-jenkins-hudson

That even helps you to be on continuous integration by just calling that ant in Jenkins job if you want so.

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Not sure how you really want to run, i.e., one project after one or in parallel.

What you are looking for can be done in simple steps. Its basically an operational thing.

If you choose to jenerate in junit style output while executing soapui project, then it is very easy to show the results in single view.

You do not have to worry about parsing/ merging etc of multiple results. It can be done if you write a simple ant target to generate the common html report for entire project.

Here is just ant task to do so. It takes the input as Junit style xml files (test results) which are generated by testrunner script with -j option (i believe). Of course, you can use the appropriate directory locations for your reports.

<junitreport todir="test-results">
          <fileset dir="test-results">
            <include name="TEST-*.xml"/> <!--all you need is files with this pattern-->
          </fileset>
          <report format="frames" todir="reports/html"/>
        </junitreport>

Wrap the above into a <target name='reports'><!-- all above goes here---></target>

Once the tests are complete, just call the above ant target, common report ready, say

ant reports

In fact, you can do every thing in ant script itself. i.e., even run the multiple projects using testrunner in ant itself.

Also See here https://dzone.com/articles/soapui-tests-antivy

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6648244/how-to-integrate-soapui-with-jenkins-hudson

That even helps you to be on continuous integration by just calling that ant in Jenkins job if you want so.