Forum Discussion

MO
New Contributor
15 years ago

Running multiple loadtests using loadtestrunner in PARALLEL

I have been exploring all the options available but could not find a way to execute multiple load tests (multiple test cases) in PARALLEL. Does soapui-pro support this feature?

My load test scenario is that I have 100 concurrent users and 10 different business transactions (different Web service calls). I need to run 10 users for each web service call and each user iterates continuously for 30 minutes.

Can someone suggest how to handle such scenario? Any help is appreciated.

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    hi!

All threads in a soapUI load test are run in parallell. Do you want to run all 100 requests at the same time (ie 10 requests per business transaction)?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    MO
    New Contributor
    Hi,
    Thanks for the response. Here is my Scenario.

I have One TestSuite and it has 10 different testCases. Each TestCase has one loadTest with 10 concurrent users.

I want to run a Performance test by running all the 10 loadTests (10x10 users) in Parallel Simultaneously) using loadtestRunner. Not one loadtest after the other. 

Is this possible? Or is it that I should invoke 10 loadtestrunners Simultaneously?

Thanks in Advance
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

for now you will have to invoke 10 loadtestrunners simultaneously.. sorry..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    jkretsch
    Occasional Contributor
    I see the latest reply is from 2010. Has the capability to run multiple load tests in parallel been added to recent version(s) of SoapUI??
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

No, it has not been added. For now, please continue to use the workaround of invoking loadtestrunner's simultaneously to achieve this.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support
      PeterKlim
      Contributor

Do you mean you cannont run more than 1 load test at the same time on 1 instance of SoapUI? I was able to do it with 2 tests, the ones in red below. Or do you mean you are trying to do something else?

2ConcurLoadTest.png