Forum Discussion

paulie
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

[Res]Print to script log from groovy class

I'm looking to print messages to the script log from inside one of my groovy classes. It looks like I need to pass the log instance as a parameter into the groovy class. What would be the syntax for this?
Thanks in advance.

7 Replies

SiKing
    Community Expert
    All you need is something like:

import com.eviware.soapui.SoapUI

def log = SoapUI.log
    log.info "Hello world!"
    log.warn "Goodbye world!"
    paulie
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks SiKing but that prints in the SoaupUI log - I was hoping to print in the script log to keep all my logging together.

I tried the the instructions from the link but didn't get it working, any ideas?
    paulie
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Temil, as I'm looking to do this from an external groovy class (in my scripts directory) I get the error
    TestCase failed [groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: log for class: Testing:groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: log for class: Testing]

I don't have any imports in my groovy class - should there be?
    class Testing
    {
    public testPrint()
    {
    log.info "Testing out the print from the external class"
    }
    }

This is not vital, I can print to the SoapUI log, it just would have been nice to print to the script log to keep all my logging in one place.
    Thanks
    paulie
    Occasional Contributor
    Solved this - I just needed to pass log into my groovy class constructor. I had tried variations of context when it was log I really needed. Thanks to all who replied.