Forum Discussion

ATokeley
Contributor
14 years ago

Resource Parameters not applying when empty

Hi Guys, can you tell me if this is an issue or if there is something wrong with the way I'm implementing my resource parameters.
When I submit without an Id the request fails ( as you can see from the response window).

The RAW request looks like this -
GET null HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
sessionid: 17

If I submit with any type of Id (either valid or otherwise), the request is formed correctly and the endpoint responds appropriately. The RAW request looks as follows:
GET http://api-proxy.web/api.xro/2.0/Contacts/s HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
sessionid: 17
User-Agent: Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1
Host: api-proxy.web

NOTE : The GET request is correctly formed.

This seems like a defect to me. Id is a parameter, the request should not get set to null if the parameter is not provided.

Cheers,
Richard

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Richard,

This definitely looks like a bug.. are you using the nightly build here? Do you have any errors in the error log?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Ole,
    Thanks for the comments. I'm willing move to the Nightly build, but I have concerns about the impact it may have on my testing. How do you guys manage your regular builds? How do you ensure no new issues are introduced with each new Rev?

Cheers,
    - Richard
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Richard,

the nightly build is a bug-fix branch only, so we are not working on any new features in it, generally it is more stable than the previous final release. You can always install it to a separate directory and use both versions simultaneously if needed. The about box contains a build date so you can use that for reporting back issues for specific builds.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • So this is still an issue in the Nightly build.

Cheers,
    - Richard