Forum Discussion

turman
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

[Resolved]Patch for sorting endpoint URLs

Hi,

I'm testing web services which have tons of endpoints (more than 30 URLs for many services) and it's really painful to choose the good one from the drop list.

Would it be possible to add the following line in the com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.AbstractInterface class between line 73 et 74 ?
Collections.sort(endpointArray);

That way endpoints are sorted alphabetically and it's a lot less painful to pick up the good endpoint from the list.

I have seen that a page exists for contributors : http://www.soapui.org/Developers-Corner ... oapui.html
But do I really need to fill up the Contributor Agreement regards to the ridiculous size of my contribution ?

I hope that a SmartBear guy will validate that line of code and will integrate it for the next SoapUI release

Thanks, Vincent.

6 Replies

• You're killing me here. Is there any way to stop automatic sorting of endpoints in the drop down? We have hundreds of soap ui projects and we store our endpoints in a very specific order which include comment lines so testers can find the correct endpoints for each environment. Automatically sorting the endpoints without an option to toggle that function on and off just destroyed our testing process. Please consider removing this sorting or allowing a UI setting to at least turn it off. Thanks.
  • Hi,

Even though this is a small contribution (one line of code!) you still have to sign the contributor agreement to add this enhancement. Otherwise, I can create an enhancement request (internally) for this.

Can you attach a screen shot for reference showing your endpoints out of order?
    turman
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Mr James,

Ok I'm going to send it to you by private message.

Thanks, Vincent.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Endpoint sorting was released as part of v4.6.2. So a version of SoapUI prior to that would not sort the endpoints.

Thanks,
    Michael Giller
    SmartBear Software
    GiscardN
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

I'm sorry this is causing you issues. Unfortunately the workaround now is to use a version of SoapUI prior to 4.6.2. But your feedback is appreciated and I have logged feature request SOAP-1512 to have a toggle option for the endpoint sorting functionality, so you can set your preference.

Regards,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support