Forum Discussion

payam
Contributor
12 years ago

[Resolved]LDAP Data Connection and Data Source

Our tries to use groovy libraries to connect to LDAP data source were unsuccessful:
http://directory.apache.org/api/groovy-ldap.html

It would be a great feature to have LDAP along with other data connections because one of the most high volume uses of web services is for directory and subscription based services that utilize LDAP as the primary or secondary data source.
    nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Thank you for the link.
    It would be great to know the details of how it is tried & what problem being faced.
  • Actually it is fixed now, we found the missing library files same day but I was too lazy to update the thread (however having the real LDAP support implementation would be great).
    You just need to include library files in to your bin/ext. then if you add following two lines in the script and didn't see the infamous "can not be resolved" error, you're set to go
    import org.apache.directory.groovyldap.LDAP
    import org.apache.directory.groovyldap.SearchScope

Unfortunately the provided jar files are incomplete so you'll need to add 2-3 more jars, I tried to attach the zipped file here but I have limitation of only 2mb upload while the compressed file is around 5mb. Please let me know if I can upload it somewhere.

The rest can be found in the provided link.
      jsreesoap
      Contributor

Hi

I am very new to this. I use Ready API 1.50 and 64bit Windows. Could you please let me know how I can connect to ldap using this Reday API?

Thx

J

rktella6
    Occasional Contributor

I am unable to connect to LDAP through groovy in ReadyAPI. I have added all ldap jar files under lib  folder and re-started ReadyAPI. I tried same in ReadyAPI 1.3.1 and 1.9 version, but getting below error.

In the groovy script I called like this

import org.apache.directory.groovyldap.LDAP
    import org.apache.directory.groovyldap.SearchScope

LDAP connection = LDAP.newInstance("ldap://devldapwt.xxxx.com:389","cn=iwsusercontextuser,ou=usercontextusers,ou=people,o=xxxx.com", "2qy80bd")

It is failing at the first line itself.

org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: Script11.groovy: 2: unable to resolve class org.apache.directory.groovyldap.SearchScope @ line 2, column 1. import org.apache.directory.groovyldap.SearchScope ^ org.codehaus.groovy.syntax.SyntaxException: unable to resolve class org.apache.directory.groovyldap.SearchScope @ line 2, column 1. at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.addError(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:146) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.visitClass(ResolveVisitor.java:1222) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.startResolving(ResolveVisitor.java:175) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$11.call(CompilationUnit.java:648) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits(CompilationUnit.java:928) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:590) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:539) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:297) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:267) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parseClass(GroovyShell.java:692) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:704) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:740) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:731) at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.compile(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:138) at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:89) at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:76) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.run(WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.java:155) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel$RunAction$1.run(GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel.java:263) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Script11.groovy: 1: unable to resolve class org.apache.directory.groovyldap.LDAP @ line 1, column 1. import org.apache.directory.groovyldap.LDAP ^ org.codehaus.groovy.syntax.SyntaxException: unable to resolve class org.apache.directory.groovyldap.LDAP @ line 1, column 1. at org.codehaus.groovy.ast.ClassCodeVisitorSupport.addError(ClassCodeVisitorSupport.java:146) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.visitClass(ResolveVisitor.java:1222) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.ResolveVisitor.startResolving(ResolveVisitor.java:175) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit$11.call(CompilationUnit.java:648) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.applyToSourceUnits(CompilationUnit.java:928) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.doPhaseOperation(CompilationUnit.java:590) at org.codehaus.groovy.control.CompilationUnit.compile(CompilationUnit.java:539) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.doParseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:297) at groovy.lang.GroovyClassLoader.parseClass(GroovyClassLoader.java:267) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parseClass(GroovyShell.java:692) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:704) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:740) at groovy.lang.GroovyShell.parse(GroovyShell.java:731) at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.compile(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:138) at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIGroovyScriptEngine.java:89) at com.eviware.soapui.support.scripting.groovy.SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory$SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngine.run(SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory.java:76) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.run(WsdlGroovyScriptTestStep.java:155) at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.teststeps.GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel$RunAction$1.run(GroovyScriptStepDesktopPanel.java:263) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 2 errors

Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks

Ravi