Forum Discussion

Ton636
Contributor
10 years ago

[Resolved] NPE in 5.1.2 trying to load existing 4.6 project

Hi there,

I was quite excited seeing that 5.1.2 fixed an issue I had logged - about getting random characters attached to folder and file names when converting a 4.6 project to 5.1... Unfortunately, it seems 5.1.2 Pro can't even load my 4.6 Pro composite project... That is not supposed to be a problem, is it? I see the NPE below in the error log. Please note I am not able to provide a copy of my project due to company sensitive information stored in it (staging environment accounts and such).

Thu Oct 02 15:17:06 ADT 2014:ERROR:com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file [file:/Users/tvlaming/git/SocialcloudQE/apiqe_soapUI_project/]
com.eviware.soapui.support.SoapUIException: Failed to load project from file [file:/Users/tvlaming/git/SocialcloudQE/apiqe_soapUI_project/]
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.loadProject(SourceFile:321)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProject.<init>(WsdlProject.java:220)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.<init>(SourceFile:181)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectProFactory.createNew(SourceFile:45)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectProFactory.createNew(SourceFile:16)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceImpl.reloadProject(WorkspaceImpl.java:490)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.WorkspaceImpl.openProject(WorkspaceImpl.java:592)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.OpenProjectAction.perform(OpenProjectAction.java:39)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.project.OpenProjectAction.perform(OpenProjectAction.java:30)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:89)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.DefaultActionList.performDefaultAction(DefaultActionList.java:97)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator$TreeMouseListener$1.run(Navigator.java:368)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:312)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:733)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(EventQueue.java:103)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:694)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:692)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:150)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:146)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:138)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:91)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.a(SourceFile:782)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.b(SourceFile:735)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.b(SourceFile:728)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.loadsave.CompositeProjectSaver.load(SourceFile:674)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.support.wsdl.UrlWsdlLoaderPro.handleFile(SourceFile:27)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.UrlWsdlLoader.load(UrlWsdlLoader.java:116)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.wsdl.UrlWsdlLoader.load(UrlWsdlLoader.java:96)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlProjectPro.loadProject(SourceFile:192)
... 25 more

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are affected by this bug. We are aware of it and trying to come up with a solution. The defect tracking number for this issue is SOAP-2787. If you have further issues or questions please let me know.

Regards,
    Temil
  • I certainly appreciate the quick replies like this!

Hope it can get resolved quickly, we are especially eager for the improved Json support in 5.x.

Regards,
    Ton
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

We currently have a bug that is causing this issue, unfortunately. The defect tracker for this issue is SOAP-2787.

Regards,
    Temil
    ibridge
    Occasional Contributor
    Not only migrating from 4.6 or 5.0, but 5.1.2 in general has problems with Composite Projects. Creating them works just fine, but reopening/reloading fails.

Therefore rendering this version useless when you want (or need in our case) Composite Projects!
  • I am sorry for being dense perhaps (I only spent a few minutes trying to figure it out from the website)...

Is ReadyAPI just the new name for soapUI ? And does it support migrating 4.6 projects? Otherwise this will of course still be an issue for us

Regards,
    Ton Vlaming
  • Ok, I guess I answered most of those questions, I understand how soapUI Pro is now embedded in ready api and so on.

It also seems like it is loading up our 4.6 composite project without any issues, which is great news!

Regards,
    Ton Vlaming