Forum Discussion

soapLoadUser
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

[Resolved] DataSource loops in loadUI not working correctly

Hi,

there is a problem with looping a Data Source in a loadUI test.
I read a text file using a Data Source step and a Data Source Loop step.
I wanted to display the read data in a Table Log in loadUI just for checking if this works. It didn't with loadUI 1.5.0. The same record is shown for all iterations of the load test. I found this thread in the forum: http://www.eviware.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8491&p=24866&hilit=datasource+tableLog#p27746, where a user had a similar problem with an Excel file.
The last post in this thread says the bug could be fixed by a nightly build (November 7th, 2011).

I tried it again using the actual nightly build from today (1.5.1 snapshot). Now different records of the file are shown in the Table Log. But they are not sequential and not from the beginning of the file. In my test I read one record every second. As a result only every second record was displayed, starting with the second one overall (i.e. records 2, 4, 6, 8, ...).

Could someone help please?

Thanks and regards
soapLoadUser

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello!

Hmm, you shouldn't be using a DataSource Loop if you want to iterate the DataSource in a one iteration per soapUI Runner Request fashion. Start by just getting rid of the loop and try again.

Regards

Henrik
    SmartBear Software
    soapLoadUser
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Henrik,

thanks, now it works!
    I did not realize that the datasource loops of its own...

Regards
    soapLoadUser