Forum Discussion

emilyawalker123
3 months ago

ReadyAPI Performance on Intel Core i7 Laptops - User Experiences Wanted!

Hello ReadyAPI Community,

I'm currently exploring the possibility of upgrading to a new laptop, and I'm considering one with an Intel Core i7 processor. I'm particularly interested in understanding how ReadyAPI performs on this higher-end processor, especially in the context of API testing and virtualization tasks.

So, I'd like to hear from the community:

Performance Comparison:

If you're using ReadyAPI on an Intel Core i7 laptop, how has the overall performance been for API testing and virtualization tasks?

Have you noticed any significant improvements in speed, responsiveness, or efficiency compared to other processor models?

Smooth Execution:

How well does ReadyAPI handle the execution of API tests on an Intel Core i7 machine? Any experiences or insights into the tool's responsiveness during test execution?

Virtualization Efficiency:

For those involved in API virtualization tasks, how does ReadyAPI perform on Intel Core i7 laptops? Any specific considerations or benefits you've observed?

Comparisons with Other Processors:

If you've used ReadyAPI on different processor models, are there noticeable differences in performance? Any specific advantages or limitations with Intel Core i7 that stand out?

Optimization Tips:

Are there any recommended configurations or settings to optimize ReadyAPI for Intel Core i7 laptops? Any tweaks that enhance the overall testing experience?

I believe gathering insights from the community will provide valuable guidance for those considering or already using ReadyAPI on Intel Core i7 laptops.

Looking forward to hearing about your experiences and recommendations!

Thank you!

2 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Not found any resources on this topic. It would be best to open a ticket with SmartBear customer support.

• Hello @emilyawalker123,

I can only comment on API testing on i7-9850H...  In general it performs fine.  I do not do virtualization however.  ReadyAPI, like any other software application runs as well as it can on the hardware you have...  I think you are placing too much emphasis on the cpu instead of considering the other components of a computer.  I think the available RAM has as much to do with how ReadyAPI acts as CPU.  The i7 laptop supplied by my company has 32 GB installed and I have never had an issue.  It works and I don't wait.  :)

For API testing, I am going to speculate that is not very cpu intensive to begin with...  You formulate a request with ReadyAPI and send it off your computer to be processed.  The time it takes to process the api has nothing to do with your computer. 

At no point have I ever thought ReadyAPI was sluggish or in need of tweaking for better performance.  An api test run on a 14 year old AMD Phenom processor yields the same results as a 2 year old Intel i7. 

Just buy what you can afford and don't worry about it.  If you are so concerned with top performance why stop at an i7 when there are better i9's or Ryzen Threadripper?

Regards,

Todd