Forum Discussion

sagar01
Occasional Contributor
9 months ago
Solved

ReadyAPI: New requirement to run 1M request in 30 minuntes

Hi Team,

We have an requiremnt to run 1M request in 30 minuntes. And I have Load UI licence too which allows maximum 250 VU's. I want the configuration settings in Load Ui to run 1M request in 30 minuntes. 

• sagar01

it's not clear to me what are the objectives of the test, but virtually it is possible to process 1 M requests with 250 VUs in 30 minutes -- as long as the request takes 400 ms or less.

If not, you need to use more licenses or another tool (JMeter for instance).

5 Replies

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

sagar01

it's not clear to me what are the objectives of the test, but virtually it is possible to process 1 M requests with 250 VUs in 30 minutes -- as long as the request takes 400 ms or less.

If not, you need to use more licenses or another tool (JMeter for instance).

sagar01
    Occasional Contributor

Thank you KarelHusa for your response.

Its the test requirement from the project. And if you say "virtually it is possible to process 1 M requests with 250 VUs in 30 minutes". How should I configure this. I mean which type of load allocation I should selct (Relative, Equal, Per Scenario) and what be the values inside it. 

KarelHusa
      Champion Level 3

sagar01,

if you don't have further requirements, you can start with Equal load.

It's good to start with a lower load and gradually increase the number of VUs, e.g. 10, 20, 50, 100, 250 VUs and see how the system responds. Once you know the 250 VUs are feasible, you can start a longer (30 min) test.

Anyway, I recommend to learn the real business scenario and simulate it as close as possible. Successful testing requires enough detailed input (business requirements).

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

Just a couple of points.

In this case the client machine should also have the good configuration to be able to generate such load.

And it would help to avoid the latency issues if both the server and client machines in the same subnet.

sagar01
      Occasional Contributor

Thank you. I know its very important points. I have already taken care of it ğŸ˜Š