Forum Discussion

sjakovac
Occasional Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Importing project not working

When importing projects only project-level properties are imported, but no tests. This is the project I've worked on thru ReadyAPI GUI and is integrated with git. After resolving merge conflicts in g...
    richie
    3 years ago

Hey sjakovac 

When you create a new project in ReadyAPI - it creates the project as a single flat .xml file.

ReadyAPI includes the capability to split that single flat .xml file into multiple files (this is termed a 'composite' file) and allows for multiple users to save changes to the same project via version controlled software like Git.

If you create a project it doesn't convert files by default to composite file - the file is created as the single flat .xml file. to convert to composite, you need to either save as composite, (or change the project property) or use the menu options (Git >> enable version control) 

hope I've been clear,

When I saw your original post, I wondered if saving the project (that appears to have lost all it's content) BACK to a single project .xml, checking if the content was now present, and then re-converting to the composite might have resolved your problem - but then someone else posted a likely fix and I forgot all about your post.

Cheers,

Rich