Forum Discussion

wvdzwetTM
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

Pipeline Azure DevOps fails, error saying it is not a composite project, but it is

I want to run a project through an Azure DevOps pipeline. I've set up the pipeline and followed the instructions, but when I run the pipeline it fails after a few seconds with a message that the proj...
    3 years ago

Hi Richie,

Thanks for your reply. The project runs fine in ReadyAPI. Project properties indicate that it is a composite project. 

After digging a bit further I am actually leaning more towards an issue with the agent set up in Azure DevOps. 

The agent I've set up creates a \_work folder followed by numbered subfolders. I've noticed if I set up the wrong \_work folder the build returns the composite error. I assumed the build would just clone the project from GitLab that is set in the connection being used by the pipeline and then overwrite the project in the \_work subfolder. But the composite error also appears when the \_work subfolder is empty.

In the folder structure there is also a folder \SourceRootMapping and I think this does the check if I'm using the correct \_work subfolder. After some digging I found the correct subfolder and corrected the pipeline settings for this and now the pipeline is running as expected.