Forum Discussion

cada0310
New Contributor
11 years ago

Newb question

Hi there,

Just downloaded the LoadUI 2.6.8 trial - we're looking to do load and performance testing of our REST-based web services.

I created a web page runner and entered some creds in the settings, and when I click open in browser as a test, things work like I expect.

However, when I click "run once", it says it completed, but no traffic actually gets sent across the wire! I watched traffic with fiddler and everything, so I'm a little confused. I'm sure it's something simple I'm missing...anyone have a tip?

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply

• Hey Chris,

First off, welcome to the LoadUI community!

Now to solving your issue, from the sound of it you want to view all the traffic that goes from your webrunner to the endpoint you are hitting. Let's remember that Fiddler is a proxy that allow us to inspect the requests that leaves the local machine through a proxy.

The proxy resides at port localhost:8888 according to docs.telerik.com/fiddler

Now, webrunner is using HttpClient under the hood, where you need to explicitly tell it to use a proxy as it wont magically pick it up like chrome seems to be doing. At least i didn't need to configure anything in order for fiddler to pick up my chrome-browsers traffic.
    In LoadUI 2.6.8 the easiest way to solve this is to enter the fiddler proxy directly into the webrunners settings.

Open your webrunners settings:
    Select Menu -> Settings -> Proxy

Enter the following fields:
    Proxy host -> localhost
    Proxy port -> 8888

That should be about it!

Best regards,
    Mikael