Forum Discussion

Rhonda_Ward
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Need urgent help with soapui pro installation on linux OS

When I execute the testrunner command on linux none of the test cases are being executed. Please let me know what step did I miss during installation. Also, what should be the location of license file since the installer did not ask me to import the license key.

Here are the steps I performed

1) Logged in as perftest user on our linux box
2) cd /usr/bin/eviware
3) wget http://dl.eviware.com/4_0_1/soapUI-Pro-x32-4_0_1.sh
4) Executed the shell script i.e. sh soapUI-Pro-x32-4_0_1.sh
5) Installed soapui in “/usr/bin/eviware/soapui-pro-4.0.1” directory
6) After installation I update the SoapUI_home path in testrunner.sh file

Executed the test project: using SoapUI 4.0.1 version

[perftest@sssssssss04 bin]$ sh /usr/bin/eviware/soapui-pro-4.0.1/bin/testrunner.sh -PEnvironmentWorksheet=/ysi/www/html/svn/environment_smoketest/trunk/SQA.xls -I -a -f /ysi/www/html/svn/environment_smoketest/trunk/results/SQA/13297058978 /ysi/www/html/svn/environment_smoketest/trunk/EnvironmentSmokeTest-soapui-project.xml -r

16:21:19,997 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [/usr/bin/eviware/soapui-pro-4.0.1/bin/ext/postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc4.jar] to extensions classpath
16:21:19,998 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [/usr/bin/eviware/soapui-pro-4.0.1/bin/ext/sqljdbc.jar] to extensions classpath
16:21:19,998 INFO [SoapUI] Adding [/usr/bin/eviware/soapui-pro-4.0.1/bin/ext/postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc3.jar] to extensions classpath
16:21:19,998 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] Creating new settings at [/ysi/home/perftest/soapui-settings.xml]
16:21:20,916 WARN [SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory] Missing scripts folder [/usr/bin/scripts]
16:21:20,918 INFO [DefaultSoapUICore] Adding listeners from [/usr/bin/eviware/soapui-pro-4.0.1/bin/listeners/demo-listeners.xml]
16:21:21,475 INFO [WsdlProject] Loaded project from [file:/ysi/www/html/svn/environment_smoketest/trunk/EnvironmentSmokeTest-soapui-project.xml]
16:21:21,700 WARN [SoapUIProGroovyScriptEngineFactory] Missing scripts folder [/usr/bin/scripts]
16:21:22,656 INFO [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Setting project property [EnvironmentWorksheet] to [/ysi/www/html/svn/environment_smoketest/trunk/SQA.xls]
16:21:22,656 INFO [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Running soapUI tests in project [EnvironmentSmokeTest]
16:21:22,659 INFO [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Running Project [EnvironmentSmokeTest], runType = PARALLEL
16:21:22,664 INFO [SoapUIProTestCaseRunner] Project [EnvironmentSmokeTest] finished with status [RUNNING] in 0ms

SoapUI 4.0.1 TestCaseRunner Summary
-----------------------------
Time Taken: 8ms
Total TestSuites: 0
Total TestCases: 0 (0 failed)
Total TestSteps: 0
Total Request Assertions: 0
Total Failed Assertions: 0

If I run the same project on windows I do see the correct results:

-----------------------------
Time Taken: 8424ms
Total TestSuites: 1
Total TestCases: 3 (0 failed)
Total TestSteps: 113
Total Request Assertions: 111
Total Failed Assertions: 0
Total Exported Results: 0

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

this could be related to a bug that has been fixed in both the 4.0.X nightly build and the just-released 4.5 beta1 version - could you try either of these to see if they work better?

let us know!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
    Rhonda_Ward
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

I am seeing the same problem with 4.5. beta1 version. Am I missing any step during installation?

Can you please let me know how to import a license key through command line or inside which directory I should copy my license ley?

Thanks