Forum Discussion

ManojKumar
Occasional Contributor
7 years ago

Need testcase runner summary in PDF format

Hi,

I am running the SOAP UI NG Pro tool from command prompt. Including -r generates the test summary which just lists the number of testcases, number of passed cases. number of assertions, passed and failed assertion count. Is there a way to generate this as the report in PDF format so that it will be easily exported to other system.

Attached: a snip which contains the content, I am hoping to get in as a pdf

Thyanks,

Manoj Kumar

4 Replies

ManojKumar
      Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have attached my batch file which contain the commands I used to generate the report. I have also attached, "what I got" as report and "what I need" as report.

Could you please review and let me know changes that I have to do in my batch file to get the report which contains the content in "What I need" picture.

PaulMS
        Super Contributor

Try saving to a text file as mentioned above unless you want to customise the project report.

https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/testing/reports/customizing.html

The Result Metrics section that you might want is currently on page 13 of your report, so this code is the subreport that you need to keep.

<subreport isUsingCache="true">
                    <reportElement positionType="Float" isPrintRepeatedValues="false" x="0" y="0" width="500" height="30"/>
                    <dataSourceExpression>$P{ProjectResultMetrics}</dataSourceExpression>
                    <subreportExpression class="java.lang.String">"subreport:MetricsReport"</subreportExpression>
                 </subreport>

Make a backup copy of the preconfigured project report then remove the sections that you don't need.

A simple change to <defaultValueExpression>false</defaultValueExpression> for parameters other than "IncludeResults" would hide most of the unnecessary detailed subreports.