Forum Discussion

sebisteiner
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

loadUI Memory Consumption

Hi

While working with loadUI the memory consumption always increases...

After a while loadUI doesn't respond any more and I have to restart it.

Any ideas? Any memory settings I can change?

Thank you,
Sebi

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

I'm not aware of any problems that would cause this. Could you explain in detail what you are doing in loadUI when this occurs? You can increase the memory usage by editing the loadUI.jnlp file located in the main loadUI installation directory. The relevant line to change is:

<j2se version="1.6+" java-vm-args="-Xms128m -Xmx768m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true"/>

You can try increasing the -Xmx size to a larger value.

Regards,
    Dain
    SmartBear Software

Det verkar som att en användare i forumet har raderats av misstag, se: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8759

Jag tog bort en del spamanvändare tidigare idag, så jag misstänker att det var då användaren raderades, men jag minns inte detaljerna kring just denna. Går det att kolla upp posterna i en gammal databas-kopia?

/Dain
    sebisteiner
    Occasional Contributor
    Ok an example. The memory I talk about is the Memory (Private Working Set) I see in the Windows Task manager.

When I open loadUI the used memory is 270MB.

After opening my project (containing 4 TCs) it goes up to 450MB.

I opened the Results Workbench and played around with some diagrams. 800 MB.

Finally I run the first of my Test Cases. After the run the used memory is about 950MB and it stays there...

When I now work with loadUI (edit TCs etc.) it is pretty slow! Sometimes it even freezes and I have to restart it.

Sebi