Forum Discussion

vava1903
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

LOAD UI limits

Hi,

I'm new to LOAD UI and I'm unaware about the runners and the generators much. My project wanted a requirement of rate to increase incrementally to at least maximum of 10000 requests/sec and threads also should increase according to this.
The maximum limit of requests is 25million and concurrent requests should be 1000 or more than that.I'm using SOAP UI+LOAD UI integration.
Can you please suggest me which generator and runner I should put to have this configuration. And also can anyone provide the basic idea of the maximum queue limit that I can give for it.Is there any ratio to maintain for it?
Please help me as its very urgent task and am completely new to it.

I have tried using stepped rate generator and have given the following values but the server is getting stuck after some execution:
start thread: 10
increment : 5
interval : 5
maximum queue size: 1000000
concurrent request : 100000
limit : 25000000

Or statistics graph I've selected Avg response time, TPS, and Total from Completed.

4 Replies

• Hi,

Please look at http://www.loadui.org/Load-Testing-soapUI-Tests/ as a starting point.

Based off your requirements it appears you will need to be using a SoapUI Runner along with the Fixed Rate Generator. You may also need to use the Scheduler component if there if your test needs to run in particular intervals. As for as the server getting stuck you should investigate the implementation of the server side to know what kind of load it is expected to handle.
    vava1903
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for your reply. But about the fixed rate generator I'm not sure. Can you provide a basic idea on that. I'm told to use Stepped generator for this test.
  • You want to use either the Ramp Sequence or the Ramp Load Generator. To find out whether the machine running LoadUI or the server is the bottleneck, please see Find the bottleneck. If the machine running LoadUI is the bottleneck, you need to distribute your tests using agents.

You can change the max queue size in the SoapUI Runner settings; but most of the times, this is not what you want to do (the queue will often fill up regardless of its size -- because you have one of the bottlenecks mentioned above).

Regards

Henrik
    LoadUI team
    vava1903
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks for your reply.

I have decided to use agents as the tool itself is getting stuck in the machine installed..Can you pls tell me how to use it. As I wanted the agents to be in two different VMs and one main controller should drive them. For that I have installed agents in two VMs and I now wanted to know how to start them as its showing blinking red LED for me when I add an agent and drag and dropped the scenario to it. And is it necessary to give http and port number for adding the agent URL?
    Please help me in this