Forum Discussion

beaston
New Contributor
8 years ago

Issues with 'Get Data' Context

Is anyone else running into frustrations in ReadyAPI 1.9.0 Soap UI NG with the 'Get Data' context menu? 

Here are my current issues:

1. Mousing through the menus is haphazard as it randomly will close itself out. eg. Mousing though these context menus often 3 menu layers deep results in random closing of the context menu making you have to start all over.

2. After meticulously mousing through the layers of the context menu that closes out randomly and finally getting to what you want to select, selecting it actually doesn't populate what you selected into test step properties. This doesn't seem to happen for test step 'Request Body'. I can't describe the frustration when you try to get data into a property by mousing through unnavigable context menus only to finally get to what you want to select and it doesn't actually populate in the property. Infuriating. 

3. A solution that should work, IMO is using the keyboard, takes the mousework out of the context menu navigation right? WRONG. Your mouse location STILL makes the menu disappear, and you can't even hit ENTER on an option when you get to it. It doesn't select it!!

This is making the product nearly unusable for what I need it for, if anyone has any ideas please I'm all ears. Mac OS Sierra, late 2016 Macbook Pro. 

Thanks,

-Bill

3 Replies

• A lot of people are, and we are taking steps towards impoving this. It will get better soon™.

beaston
      New Contributor

Thanks for the reply. Is there an issue/defect you can link me to so I can see when a fix is implemented for this issue? That way I can accept it as the solution and close this topic.

IgorG
        Staff

I am afraid I cannot provide a useful link to track issue status. :(

All i can recommend is to look forward to press releases on this issue and trust us that we are working on it.