Forum Discussion

rfortune
Contributor
13 years ago

Issues using 4.1 Soapui on Lion OS

Hey guys,
I've moved to using a different dev setup and have had to migrate my machine. I've installed soapui 4.01 but am encountering an issue when the app loads first. I cannot get past the licence screen. The app hangs every time and I get the candy wheel of death.

Have you guys encountered this before?

In the meantime I'll try installing the nightly build.

cheers,
- Richard Fortune

7 Replies

• Seems that the same issue occurs on the nightly build. 4.02. The screen locks up when the "licence" check dialog pops up. This problem is persistent and occurs each time I start Soapui, effectively making it unusable.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

can I recommend trying our latest 4.5 beta 2 version ?
    It contains numerous fixes targeted and Mac OS usability, so it would be good if you would take a look at it.

Regards,
    Vladimir
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi Vladmir,
    The same problem occurs with 4.5 Beta

Cheers,
    - Richard
  • Currently running SOAPUI on a VM on my machine. Which is not exactly a sustainable workaround. Any news on the issue below guys.

Cheers,
    Richard
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

soapUI 4.5 final is out, so I suggest you try that if you haven't already. If the problem persists, please try the following workaround:

Start soapUI Pro with the following parameter added to the command line:
    -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true

This will disable the browser component which I suspect might be the root cause of the lockup. If it now works, you can enter the license information. Once this has been done, you can try starting without the parameter, and hopefully it won't lock up.

Regards,
    Dain
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi guys,
    this is still an issue, at present SoapUI is unusable for me which is quite unacceptable. It's blocking my test effort, which means I not only have a licence to an unusable piece of software, but I also and losing valuable time on a critical release schedule.

When I try to launch the soapUI-Pro-4.5.0.app with the argument you suggest I get an error. I don't see how you can pass an argument to an app in MacOS. If I use the open "app" route I get an error from the terminal stating that the argument is invalid for the process open, which makes sense. If I try to use the open JavaApplicationStub route I get a similar problem. I can't even find a config to set this argument in so as it gets called automatically when I launch the app via the usual MacOS method.

Can you provide the full text for this workaround? What should I be typing to get this to work without error?

Regards,
    Richard
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hello,

When you navigate to soapUI*.app and do "Show Package Info" ( from popup menu ). Then you should see Contests directory. Open Info.plist file for editing.
    There you can add there like this:

<key>soapui.jxbrowser.disable</key>
    <string>true</string>

Look where soapui.home is set and add it before or after it. Or if you are using sh script just add -Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disable=true in JAVA_OPTIONS.

Hope this helps,
    robert
    /Smartbear