Forum Discussion

Service_Mesh-SU
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

InvocationTargetException upon opening suite frame

I am having the following problem with version 4.5.1 on Windows 7 Professional. I have a composite project with one suite that has four test cases. There are three event listener scripts and a suite teardown script. I successfully run the test cases from the suite frame numerous times.

However, when I close the suite frame, and reopen it, I can no longer run the test cases as I had minutes before. Upon opening the suite frame, I receive the following message in the SoapUI log....

Thu Jun 06 10:49:34 CDT 2013:ERROR:An error occured [java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException], see error log for details

and the following stack trace in the error log....What can possibly be changing in SoapUI by closing and reopening the suite frame?

Thu Jun 06 10:49:34 CDT 2013:ERROR:java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.components.JInspectorPanelFactory.build(JInspectorPanelFactory.java:40)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.coverage.panels.CoveragePanel.<init>(SourceFile:148)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.coverage.panels.EnableableCoveragePanel.<init>(SourceFile:23)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.ProWsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.a(SourceFile:218)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.ProWsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.addTabs(SourceFile:187)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.buildTabs(WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.java:218)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.buildContent(WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.java:121)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.buildUI(WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.java:114)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.<init>(WsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.java:106)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.ProWsdlTestSuiteDesktopPanel.<init>(SourceFile:77)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.ProWsdlTestSuitePanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(SourceFile:14)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testsuite.ProWsdlTestSuitePanelBuilder.buildDesktopPanel(SourceFile:10)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.TabbedSoapUIDesktop.showDesktopPanel(SourceFile:214)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.showDesktopPanel(UISupport.java:590)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.selectAndShow(UISupport.java:578)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.actions.support.ShowDesktopPanelAction.perform(ShowDesktopPanelAction.java:53)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.SwingActionDelegate.actionPerformed(SwingActionDelegate.java:89)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.action.swing.DefaultActionList.performDefaultAction(DefaultActionList.java:107)
at com.eviware.soapui.ui.Navigator$TreeMouseListener$1.run(Navigator.java:408)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

4 Replies

Service_Mesh-SU
    Occasional Contributor
    Update....the work-around is to restart SoapUI. However, I'd like to understand why this was happening.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Is there anything more in the log? I would expect the interesting parts to be below the last line you provided (Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException).

If no more lines: Do you suspect that this is related to the event handlers? If so, what does your event handlers do? (This could help us reproduce the problem).

Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software
    Service_Mesh-SU
    Occasional Contributor
    Yes, there were a few more lines following the line with the NPE. Sorry for not including those.

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.infonode.properties.propertymap.PropertyMapManager.addMapChanges(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.propertymap.PropertyMapImpl$1.signalEmitted(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.util.signal.Signal.emit(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.util.collection.notifymap.AbstractConstChangeNotifyMap.fireEntriesChanged(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.propertymap.PropertyMapImpl$PropertyObjectMap.fireEntriesChanged(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.propertymap.PropertyMapImpl.firePropertyValueChanged(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.propertymap.PropertyMapImpl.setValue(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.propertymap.PropertyMapValueHandler.setValue(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.util.ValueHandlerProperty.setValue(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.types.EnumProperty.setValue(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.properties.types.DirectionProperty.set(Unknown Source)
    at net.infonode.tabbedpanel.TabbedPanelProperties.setTabAreaOrientation(Unknown Source)
    at com.eviware.soapui.support.components.JInspectorPanelImplPro.<init>(SourceFile:126)
    ... 37 more

Also, I'm including the contents of the event handlers. However, I don't think they're the problem.

TestRunListener.beforeRun
    def smi_test_root_dir = context.expand( '${smi_test_root_dir}' )
    filePath = smi_test_root_dir + '/Reports/'
    fos = new FileOutputStream( filePath + 'Results.txt', false )
    pw = new PrintWriter( fos )
    pw.write('Test Suite Name : Test Case Name : Test Result\n')
    pw.close()
    fos.close()

TestRunListener.afterStep
    fos = new FileOutputStream( filePath + 'Report.txt', true )
    pw.write("Customized message\n")
    testStepResult.writeTo( pw )
    pw.close()
    fos.close()

TestSuiteRunListener.beforeTestCase
    fos = new FileOutputStream( filePath + 'Report.txt', true )
    pw.write("Customized message\n")
    testStepResult.writeTo( pw )
    pw.close()
    fos.close()
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

Sorry, but this is a known bug [SOAPUI-4657]. How crucial is this for you?

Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software