Forum Discussion

Sandeep96
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

I want to enter value in a popup text box using groovyscript can some one suggest me how to do that?

Hi,

While running groovy script I am getting one pop up text box to enter some values and below that text box i am getting "okay" and "Cancel" button can someone suggest me how to enter value in that pop up text box and click on Okay button using groovy script.

Note: On Right click there is not get data option present

5 Replies

ChrisAdams
    Champion Level 3

Hi Sandeep96 ,

I don't quite follow.  You run a Groovy script that presents a modal window and you want to populate that via Groovy script?  Have to admit, I have never seen Groovy display a modal window.  Can you clarify further and possibly add the script and some screenshots?

Chris

Ilario72
    Occasional Contributor

Hi,

with this Groovy script:

import javax.swing.*

def popup = {
    JFrame jframe = new JFrame()
    String answer = JOptionPane.showInputDialog(jframe, it)
    jframe.dispose()
    answer
    }

def mytext = popup("Enter a text")
    log.info "text inserted: " + mytext

I'm able to enter a value in a popup:

TNeuschwanger
      Champion Level 2

Hello Ilario72 

Here is a sample that captures the content entered into a prompt from a groovy script.  I am not aware of external tools that run against groovy to press buttons for you however.  Like ChrisAdams indicated that is a very odd use case and I am just hoping i am misinterpreting the question.

log.info 'Test Step "' + testRunner.runContext.currentStep.name + '" start...';
      log.info "";

def testcaseNameFilePath = 'C:\\Temp\\FHIR MolecularSequence Testcase Files\\';
      def titleStr = 'Prompt';
      def questionStr = 'Path of input testcase name files?                                         ';
      def valueStr = testcaseNameFilePath;
      def fileInput = com.eviware.soapui.support.UISupport.prompt(questionStr, titleStr, valueStr).toString();
      assert (fileInput), "Path can not be empty";

log.info "fileInput response=$fileInput";
      //testRunner.testCase.testSteps["Properties"].setPropertyValue( "testcaseNameFilePath", fileInput);

log.info "";
      log.info 'Test Step "' + testRunner.runContext.currentStep.name + '" finish...';
    richie
    Community Hero

Hey Sandeep96 

sorry Im a little late in responding as I've been on holiday.

I'm intrigued by this - can I ask:

- what's the purpose of the groovy script?  why would a script that halts the execution of the testcase be added?

-after inputting a value into the editable field and selecting 'OK' to submit the value, how is this value being used later in the script?

- the groovy script test step in the image you provide - is there further groovy in the step or is what is displayed in the image the entirety?

-if the value is used by other steps in your testcase, would it not increase efficiency/automation by finding another means of providing this value - i..e then allowing you to remove the groovy step completely?

Cheers,

Rich

ChrisAdams
      Champion Level 3

I think Sandeep96 answered his own question.

I think the requirement was... "Using Groovy script, how do I display a pop-up/modal window; let the user input text; capture the answer in a variable?".