Forum Discussion

Xiaoming
New Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

How to use French character in SoapUI property?

I create a rest testing in SoapUI, in the get request there were several parameters,

the test datas were put in excel for there were too many cases.

there was one parameter called 'firstname', and I put one data "êÏ"(French character) in excel, but while SoapUI get this data it displayed as "�", it seems that the request cannot get the data correctly.

how to get this character ..qs1.png

• Hi Xiaoming,

Try setting French in your language settings in Windows. In most Windows versions, the steps should be as follows:

1. Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.
    2. Click the Keyboards and Languages 
    3. Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

Xiaoming
    9 years ago

Thanks Tanya, I change the PC setting as you said, but it still cannot work. it seems not just environment issue, so I continue changing my groovy script about get excel data, set workbook setting as below and it works now:smileyhappy:

WorkbookSettings setting=new WorkbookSettings();
    setting.setEncoding("iso-8859-1"); 
    Workbook workbook=Workbook.getWorkbook(new File(xlsName),setting);

2 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Xiaoming,

Try setting French in your language settings in Windows. In most Windows versions, the steps should be as follows:

1. Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.
    2. Click the Keyboards and Languages 
    3. Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

Xiaoming
      New Contributor

Thanks Tanya, I change the PC setting as you said, but it still cannot work. it seems not just environment issue, so I continue changing my groovy script about get excel data, set workbook setting as below and it works now:smileyhappy:

WorkbookSettings setting=new WorkbookSettings();
      setting.setEncoding("iso-8859-1"); 
      Workbook workbook=Workbook.getWorkbook(new File(xlsName),setting);