Forum Discussion

FredB
New Contributor
11 years ago

How can I check that a request has failed?

I use SoapUI Runners to test my Web Services. How can I check, using that object, that a request has failed? (i.e. when a SOAP Fault occurred or a SaopUI assertion failed)
I thought the display counter "Failed" could be used for this purpose, but it always keeps the value 0 and the "Completed" display counter increments even when there is a SOAP Fault. Do I have to configure something differently?

3 Replies

• You need to have an assertion in your SoapUI TestCase to control this.
    FredB
    New Contributor
    heols wrote:
    You need to have an assertion in your SoapUI TestCase to control this.

I have assertions defined in my SoapUI Test Steps. But even when they fail, the number of Requests marked "Completed" is increased in my corresponding SoapUI Runner in LoadUI, and the number of Requests marked "Failed" keeps always the value 0. Even when my SoapUI Request generates a SOAP Fault, and even when I send a bad request, these requests are count amongst the Completed ones and not the Failed ones. It seems that LoadUI doesn't get from SoapUI the status of my requests.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi FredB,

Are you sure you have the assertion test step included in your test case?
    You should be able to see the assertion test step in the SoapUIRunner in LoadUI.

When I tried with LoadUI 2.6.8 and SoapUI 5.0 this worked fine. LoadUI counted the request as failed and when attaching a TableLog to the first output of the SoapUIRunner, I could see the value of column "Status" was false (meaning failure).

Renato