Forum Discussion

mfernau
2 months ago

First try to import an OpanAPI Spec and getting tons of errors

I'm totally beginners with ReadyAPI and furthermore I'm also a Newbie regarding OpenAPI itself.

However for a new project I need to implement an interface which itself delivers an OpenAPI specification. Trying to import this specification into ReadyAPI to get in touch with this interface I'm getting hundreds of errors like this:

paths. Resource Method Name should start with / 
paths. Resource WorkOrderJobSplit.Get should start with / 
paths. Resource WorkOrderJobSplit.Search should start with / 
paths. Resource WorkOrderJobSplit.Create should start with / 
paths. Resource WorkOrderJobSplit.Update should start with / 

How to deal with this? I can import this file without problems into online Swagger editor.

1 Reply

Humashankar
    Champion Level 0

Hi mfernau 

OpenAPI condition you're trying to import into ReadyAPI is encountering validation errors related to the format of the paths defined in the specification.

The error message "Resource Method Name should start with /" shows that there are issues with the path definitions in your specification.

Make sure - path defined in the paths object starts with a forward slash (/)

path is followed by the appropriate HTTP methods like - get, post, put, delete with their corresponding operation definitions.

In the below sort:

paths:

/users:

get:

summary: Get all users

For more help on this part - kindly make use of the below reference - https://support.smartbear.com/readyapi/docs/support/troubleshooting.html

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!
    Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards