Forum Discussion

mpw83
Contributor
11 years ago

ERROR [AbstractTestRunner] Exception during Test Execution

Hi All,

I am getting following Error on SoapUI log when I executing in command line (Test runner) , but it's only for the REST testcases . Also there are no any errors when I am executing same TC from SoapUI GUI. appreciated your help to avoid this , Thanks

15:53:28,968 ERROR [AbstractTestRunner] Exception during Test Execution
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.teststeps.RestTestRequestStep.run(RestTestRequestStep.java:901)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.runTestStep(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:235)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.runCurrentTestStep(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:48)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:148)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestCaseRunner.internalRun(AbstractTestCaseRunner.java:43)
at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

8 Replies

• yes still we are getting same error , The soapUI version we are using is 4.6.4 (free version) our request is as follows. Again please note that we are getting this error when we execute this on command line and working fine in SOAPUI GUI

GET http://testserver/DEMO/patient/1234@nam ... es/summary HTTP/1.1
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
    X-Developer-API-Key: Internal
    Host: testserver
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.1.1 (java 1.5)
    Cookie: JSESSIONID=A3E3305D0120483834E621156DAD9D0C; PlatformNode-1380556866=.node254014593; PlatformNodecore-package-cluster-680DEMO=.node254014593
    Cookie2: $Version=1
    Authorization: Basic aGlzdXN
    SiKing
    Community Expert
    You do understand that this useless, right?
    Without your project, and/or detailed steps to reproduce, there is absolutely nothing that anyone can help you with. Even if you insist on posting the exact same request for help over and over, will still not help.

What did you do? Need exact steps, so that I can try and reproduce this on my machine.
    What did you expect to happen? Why?
    What did you try so far to resolve your problem?
  • Ok , sorry for that , unfortunately I can not upload the xml due to regulations and Also difficult to tell exact scenario because getting same error for lots of different scenarios. but if I mention very basic one,

http://<Server>/DEMO/patient/<PatientID>@<Namespace>/problems/genericproblems/summary

So if we sent a patient ID who does not have Problems , then its should return following response.

<Response xmlns="http://<Server>/DEMO/patient/<PatientID>@<Namespace>/problems/genericproblems/summary">
    <accessLevel>FullAccess</accessLevel>
    <annotations/>
    <listMore>false</listMore>
    <pageInfo null="true"/>
    <patientHandle>
    <attributes>
    <Address>
    <AddressType null="true"/>
    <City null="true"/>
    <Country null="true"/>
    <StateOrProvince null="true"/>
    <StreetAddress1 null="true"/>
    <StreetAddress2 null="true"/>
    <Suburb null="true"/>
    <ZipOrPostalCode null="true"/>
    </Address>
    <Phone>
    <Phone null="true"/>
    </Phone>
    </attributes>
    <dateOfBirth>20121130</dateOfBirth>
    <emailAddress null="true"/>
    <familyName>-</familyName>
    <fullName>-</fullName>
    <gender>U</gender>
    <givenName/>
    <mergeChains>
    <OP>
    <current>300000000</current>
    <priors/>
    </OP>
    </mergeChains>
    <middleName/>
    <namePrefix null="true"/>
    <primaryMergeChainNamespace>OP</primaryMergeChainNamespace>
    <resolvingIdentifier>
    <id>PatientID</id>
    <namespace>OP</namespace>
    </resolvingIdentifier>
    <type>PatientIdentity</type>
    </patientHandle>
    <payload/>
    </Response>

As a trouble shoot , we executed using different versions like 4.5.2 , 4.6.2 , and 4.6.4 . also all the assertions are written using Groovy. executed with out and with assertions and getting same error.

Also found this error on "soapui-error.log"

2014-01-29 16:14:00,486 ERROR [errorlog] java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.waitUntilFinished(AbstractTestRunner.java:221)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlProjectRunner.runTestSuite(WsdlProjectRunner.java:171)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlProjectRunner.runSequential(WsdlProjectRunner.java:138)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlProjectRunner.internalRun(WsdlProjectRunner.java:93)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlProjectRunner.internalRun(WsdlProjectRunner.java:36)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:135)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.notifyAfterRun(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:204)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.internalFinally(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:191)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestSuiteRunner.internalFinally(WsdlTestSuiteRunner.java:42)
    at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.support.AbstractTestRunner.run(AbstractTestRunner.java:163)
    ... 6 more

Thanks for your collaboration
    SiKing
    Community Expert
    Still nothing useful for me to be able to reproduce or understand this.
    Can you run your test case one step a time? Narrow it down to the exact step at which point the test fails. Then look at that step.
    Can you turn off all assertions, and turn them back on one at a time? Narrow it down to the exact assertion at which point the test fails. Then look at that assertion.
  • Thanks for the reply , I found the problem. We have defined the server parameter as a global variable for maintenance purposes to direct entire test suite for different servers.
    So we added the server details as a variable on preferences --> Global Properties : as EndPoint = http://TestServer:19080

So my URL would be ${#Global#EndPoint}/DEMO/patient/PatientID@OP/problems/genericproblems/summary

Seems testrunner is not happy about this , however SOAP testcases are working fine in this way.But in GUI it's working for both REST and SOAP. As a workaround I defined the variable in project level not as the global. then works fine.
    Thank you very much for your cooperation and please need help to overcome this.