Forum Discussion

skillsoft
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago

Browser Component Disabled - Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

I get the following when I try to view or do a property transfer on a response of an HTTP request. I am using Soapui 4.0 on Windows 7 (64 it) with the following java version:

java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

This same request works fine on Windows XP (32 bit) with various jre's. Is this configuration supported?

Thanks,

Mary

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mary,

The browser component unfortunately doesn't work with a 64-bit JRE so you will still need to use the 32-bit version to get it working (the 32-bit version will work fine on 64-bit Windows 7)

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

Will I need both the 32 bit version of the JRE and Soapui? I tried just downgrading the JRE to 32 bit and I can't launch SoapUI. It says I need a 64 bit JRE when I attempt to launch. Will you be adding support for this?

Thanks,

Mary
    skillsoft
    Frequent Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks, that answered my question (must have 32 bit JRE with 32 bit SOAPUI). Is there any chance you will support it in the future?

Thanks,

Mary
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

we are using external component jxbrowser which doesn't work on 64 bit Windows yet. So until they provide support for it it will be the issue in 64 bit Win.

regards
    nebojsa
    eviware
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

yes, but only if you use the IE engine which we don't; we use the Mozilla engine which gives us better control and access to navigation events (for the recording). Unfortunately it doesn't support 64-bit windows yet.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com