Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

5.1.1: Adding Assertions Can Change Conditional GoTos

Hi -

Just stumbled on this. Imagine this scenario:
1. SOAP call
2. Conditional GoTo based on results
3. SOAP call

When I went back and added more assertions to step 3, it changed the target step in the goto in step 2 to the assertion I just added.

Thanks,
Suzanne

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

Is the assertion part of the SOAP call or a separate Assertion TestStep. Either way adding an assertion should not change the configuration of your Conditional GoTo TestStep. Could you repeat the adding of the assertion and share screenshots of what is happening so we can look futher?

Thanks,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support
    Suzanne
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Girard,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Yes, the assertion is part of the SOAP call, and adding it does change the previous GOTO. This just bit me again this morning. In the screen capture, I added an assertion to the call 2 down from the highlighted one - 'Create App Setting Group Name Length' - I just tossed in an 'Assert for content' on one of the return lines, modifiedDateTime. When I went back to check the previous GOTO, I see that my TargetStep has been changed from the 'Create App....' call to the assert I just added.

You can see my conditional GOTO points to a step a few down, 'Create App...'

Now I add a random inline assert to that Create App step, to check for modifiedDateTime

Then I return to look at my GOGO - the target step has been changed from Create App to the new assert.
    Suzanne
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Marcus,

I'm sorry, I just don't have the time right now. I've no idea what Ready! is but I look forward to exploring it when I have more bandwidth. I guess just file this away in case someone else pops up with it - my conditional GoTo targets are definitely being changed to new inline asserts, every single time.

Thanks again,
    Suzanne