Forum Discussion

lphilippe_macau
Contributor
13 years ago

Data Driven Load Test

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to change an input in an HTTP request so that it takes it's info from an Excel spreadsheet. My basic understanding is that I must use the "Set Parameter Values" button to find that input and change the source. Unfortunately that input does not appear in the "set paramaters values" box even with all the options checked (Show form paramaters, show URL parameters and Show paramaters with assigned values). 

I'm not sure why this does not appear as it is a value that was entered manually during recording. Here is a screenshot of my project and the value that I would like to change to be data driven. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 

Louis-Philippe
    AlexeyKryuchkov
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Louis-Philippe,

Unfortunately that input does not appear in the "set paramaters values" box even with all the options checked (Show form paramaters, show URL parameters and Show paramaters with assigned values). 

It looks like you're facing a known LoadComplete 2.50 issue. We're working to fix it in the next version of the tool. As for now, I can suggest two options:

1. Create Excel variables using the other methods from the "Creating, Modifying and Deleting Variables" help topic.

2. Parameterize scenarios using the Form tab. For details, please see the "Parameterizing Requests - Overview" help topic.
  • Thanks for the workaournds, I will be doing this.

Looking forward to  all the improvements in the future versions of LoadComplete!

L-P