Forum Discussion

baxatob
Community Hero
8 years ago

Add a parameter to all calls

Hi guys!

What is the fastest way to add a parameter to ALL request headers?

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Unfortunately, I don't have any better idea rather than either to re-record required requests or to manually edit them in the Request Editor in LoadComplete...

baxatob
      Community Hero

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reply!

The problem, that original traffic does not include required header. I need to add it for some monitoring purposes. 

Yes, as workaround I used to edit requests manually, however it is not fast and convenient way.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I've got an idea and will vote for it if you put it as a feature request to the https://community.smartbear.com/t5/LoadComplete-Feature-Requests/idb-p/LoadComplete_feature_requests/tab/most-recent page :

Do you think it will help if SmartBear:

-- Will make the Request field editable in the Operation Editor and will re-parse it on change (effectively re-populating child fields of the Request)

?

With the functionality like the above, you would be able just paste the parameter and its value to the proper place of the request and thus eliminate the necessity to expand the tree, add a new parameter to the Query and provide the name and value of the new parameter for every request this is needed.

Thoughts ?