Forum Discussion

engel
New Contributor
12 years ago

Image Review Suggestion

One of the tasks we are trying to use PRC for is drawing reviews. The drawings are uploaded as images, typically pdf files. The issue is that pdf files can only be viewed side-by-side, which is not generally the way you want to compare drawings. if I use one of the other available image formats, the file size must be very large compared to the pdf in order to have the necessary resolution. This slows down viewer response.

My suggestion is to either allow the Over-under display of pdf files that are images, or add tif as an image file format. TIF files are monochrome, so the file size is substantially smaller than the supported formats (including pdf) for the same image.

2 Replies

• My suggestion is to either allow the Over-under display of pdf files that are images, or add tif as an image file format. TIF files are monochrome, so the file size is substantially smaller than the supported formats (including pdf) for the same image.

Came across the similar issue. Just wonder whether your suggestion is OK with that?

Tags: pdf, image file format
  • Hello,

We don't support TIFF images because most browsers can't display them natively. I suggest that you use a JPG for faster performance, or a PNG if you need higher quality images in your review.

Thanks,

Rick

SmartBear Customer Care