Forum Discussion

TanyaYatskovska
SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
11 years ago

Meet AQtime 8.10

Greeting AQtime users,

I would like to introduce the new AQtime version – AQtime 8.10.

What’s new

AQtime 8.10 includes several new features:

1.       Support for applications created with Delphi XE4 and XE5 and with C++Builder XE4 and XE5;

2.       Integration into RAD Studio XE4 and XE5;

3.       A new profiler to identify performance bottlenecks in your applications - the Sampling profiler.

And more… Refer to What's New in AQtime 8.10 to get the list of all improvements.

How to try

You can request the AQtime Pro trial that provides you with all features of the commercial version.

How to update a commercial version

If you are using a commercial AQtime Pro license with an active Maintenance subscription, the newest product version should be automatically added to your SmartBear account. Log in to the account, download the executable file, and run the installation process.

6 Replies

• Hi,

After upgrading to 8.10 (Ive tried both via my own personal fixed node license and for a customer using a floating node license), I dont see the sampling profiler in the profiler dropdown.

I have verified in the about box that its indeed AQTime v. 8.10 that is running.

What am I doing wrong?

best regards

Kim Madsen
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Kim,

The profiler should be located under the Performance branch: Performance | Sampling Profiler.

Please check this.

•  Hi,

Yes, that would be where Id expect to see the profiler. But in the Performance section I only see BDE and standard Performance Profiler, not the third sampling profiler.

Its v. 8.10.772.7 I have installed on both sites.

best regards

Kim Madsen
    AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Kim,

Did you do clean install of AQtime 8.10 or upgrade from some prior version? In the latter case, it seems to be a problem with the installer (that will be corrected with the next update) that a new profiler is not added during upgrade. In my case, uninstalling AQtime and installing it a-new helped.

P.S. When uninstalling, you don't need to deactivate a license when requested by installer. Just leave it on the box and it (license) will be picked up when you install 8.10.
  • Hi,

It was an update from v.8.xx, not a clean install.

Ill try the clean install instead.

Thx

best regards

Kim Madsen
    TanyaYatskovska

Hi Kim,

Please try reinstalling AQtime 8.10 by following the steps below:

1. Uninstall the current installation of AQtime 8.10.

2. Restart the machine.

3. Delete the "<Program Files>\SmartBear\AQtime 8" folder.

4. Install AQtime 8.10 again.

Does it help?