Forum Discussion

jeremy_pfingste
New Contributor
13 years ago

Approving Test Cases

Is there a way to prevent a security group from Approving test cases within a test library? I am able to block them from approving agile tasks, and requirements but there is no option on the security page for blocking them approving of test cases.
  • Hi Jeremy -

You're right, we do not have the option for Approving in Test Management / Test Library. I can make note of this as a requested enhancement.

Thanks for your input, we appreciate it!
  • We are using QAComplete version 9.7 and there is an option "Allow approving of items?" in the Test Management/Test Library section. The problem is that the checkboxes "Read, Write, Update, Delete") are for the whole group. 

How can I allow a group of users to be able to approve items, but not modify them ?

Same thing with the option "Allow access to items other than mine":

My group of users must be able to modify items (test cases and requirements) that they own or are assignted to, and read all items (other than theirs).

The best solution would be the have the checkboxes "Read, Write, Update, Delete" applied to each option separately (Allow access to items other than mine, Allow approving of items, etc.)

• CORRECTION TO MY LAST POST:

I totally agree with Jeremy about the need of
     allowing/blocking users from approving test cases.

In addition, there is also the need to have the checkboxes "Read, Write, Update, Delete" applied to each option separately (Allow access to items other than mine, Allow approving of items, Allow assigning of items, Allow closing of items).

We are using QAComplete version 9.7 and there is an option "Allow ASSIGNING of items?" in the Test Management/Test Library section. The problem is that the checkboxes "Read, Write, Update, Delete") are for the whole group. 

How can I allow a group of users to be able to ASSIGN items, but not modify them ?

Same thing with the option "Allow access to items other than mine":

My group of users must be able to modify items (test cases and requirements) that they own or are assignted to, and READ-ONLY on all items (other than theirs).