Forum Discussion

monj
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Load UI how to auto changed the text input at each run or different data for multiple virtual users

I have recorded a sceario, one of the step is regarding save the UI data into one group.

for example

user input all data -> save as "group 1".

the system did validation before saving it as "graoup 1", it cannot be saved if found existing group has same name.

my question is,

i want to make this step auto changed file name to group 2, group 3, group 4. or any random name so long it is not existing.

because the test is failed at next run.

similiar question when i modify the test to use multiple virtual users, i want the data to be different/random generated.

how do I achieve it?

• Hi ismee,

If I understand correctly, you want to modify your scenario so that some of the data being sent is different each time. This is certainly possible with LoadComplete, though the process is slightly different depending on the format of the values you want to parameterize (HTML form fields in POST requests, JSON, XML, AMF, etc.). 

The easiest way to do this is to use LoadComplete's built-in parameterization wizard. You can use data from an Excel worksheet, CSV file, or any ODBC-compliant database. Or you can use LoadComplete's data generator to create randomized data sets.

The manual process of parameterization in LoadComplete (without using the wizard) is described here: https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/65027/.

Hope this helps!

1 Reply

• Hi ismee,

If I understand correctly, you want to modify your scenario so that some of the data being sent is different each time. This is certainly possible with LoadComplete, though the process is slightly different depending on the format of the values you want to parameterize (HTML form fields in POST requests, JSON, XML, AMF, etc.). 

The easiest way to do this is to use LoadComplete's built-in parameterization wizard. You can use data from an Excel worksheet, CSV file, or any ODBC-compliant database. Or you can use LoadComplete's data generator to create randomized data sets.

The manual process of parameterization in LoadComplete (without using the wizard) is described here: https://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/65027/.

Hope this helps!