Forum Discussion

jchas5
Contributor
13 years ago

Easy way to change "Clear Browser Flag" after the scenario has been recorded?

I have a lot of cases recorded. When the "Record User Scenario" pop-up was configured, the box "Clear browser data (history, cache, cookie, etc)" was enabled. I would like to disable that function and run the scripts to see the difference. Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I have to record the scripts all over again? The User guide only references the  "Clear browser data (history, cache, cookie, etc)" in the "Record User Scenario" pop-up.

Thanks in advance. 

4 Replies

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

John,

This setting works only during the recording.

When LoadComplete plays back a test, it simply simulates the recorded requests, the cache is not used, so there is no need to clean it.

• Am I reading this right, in saying that the test will never cache assets? 
  • Am I reading this right, in saying that the test will never cache assets? 
    AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

John,

During the test playback, LoadComplete does not use the browser's cache.

LoadComplete emulates some cache functionality, but uses its "internal" cache, not the browser's cache.

For example, LoadComplete neither saves web pages to the cache, nor retrieves them from it, as it does not have to display them to a user. However, it saves and uses the cookie values, since the server responses depend on them (read more about cookie handling).

This "internal" cache works only for one test run. After the test is over, the cache data is removed. So, the next run starts with an empty cache.