Forum Discussion

bmckeever
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

w3wp.exe exits shortly after attaching

I'm new to AQTime (7.3), so maybe this is a beginner's mistake.  I'm trying to profile an ASP.Net application.  For now, I'm trying to attach to an existing instance of w3wp.exe on my Win2k8r2 machine.  It's a 64-bit process.  Every time I do this, the process exits within the first 10 seconds.  The documentation claims that this is one of the supported ways of profiling ASP.Net applications.  Am I doing something wrong?

7 Replies

• Hi,

To help us investigate the issue, please answer the following questions:

1. What is the bitness of your operating system (32 or 64)?

2. Which AQtime package is installed on your machine - AQtime x86 or AQtime x64?

bmckeever
    Occasional Contributor
    It's a 64-bit OS.  I installed AQtimePro730x64 (though when I run AQtime, task manager indicates that it's a 32-bit process).
  • Hi Brian,

Could you please also save the contents of the Event View panel to an external file when the problem occurs and send us this file? To learn how to do this, please see Exporting Results in the online documentation.

Thanks in advance.

bmckeever
    Occasional Contributor
    I've switched test machines to a 2003 x86 for now, though I may revisit this case in the future since 2008 r2 is our target platform.

Thanks
  • Hi Brian,

Does the problem occur on the Windows 2003 machine too or does it occur only on the Windows 2008 machine?

bmckeever
    Occasional Contributor
    Attaching works fine on the 2k386 machine.  I do have trouble getting results sometimes, but I have a support case open about that.
  • Hi,

OK, please continue working on the problem within your support case.