Forum Discussion

busbyj
New Contributor
14 years ago

Need help with: System Error. Code: 8. with AQTime 7.1

I am very interested in AQTime pro.  I have about a week remaining before my trial runs out, and I hope that I can get the following problem resolved as I would really like to purchase it. I do a tremendous amount of online training with C#, and I would like to start using and recommending AQTime pro to my students.

I am running Version 7.10.380.86

IDE: Visual Studio 2010

All patches are up to date.

Running in standalone, AQTime functions without problem. My issue is with the Visual Studio 2010 integration.

Here are the details:

Adding an AQTime Project to any solution, even the most simplest of projects always results in the same error:

System Error. Code: 8.

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

After clicking 'OK', the AQTime project is added to my solution, but on the Setup tab, the 'Areas' section does not complete drawing. One half of that panel is white and the other is black. There is no text in that panel.

Again, running standalone does not give this problem.

I have disabled all addons and extensions, but that did not help.  I have closed all applications and shutdown all services that were not absolutely required, and still no luck.

I have tried other profilers with VS2010 integration and have had no problems.  I am very impressed with what I've seen in the standalone, and if I can get the integration working properly, SmartBear will have my money. :)

Many thanks!

Sincerely,

Jason Busby

3D Buzz, Inc.

http://www.3dbuzz.com

2 Replies

busbyj
    New Contributor
    My apologies for the second post, but just in case this information is needed: I'm running Visual Studio 2010 Professional

Thanks,

Jason Busby

• Hi Jason,

Please follow the steps below to help us investigate the problem:

1. Start the standalone version of AQtime.

2. Select the 'File | New Project From Module...' main menu item.

3. In the Open File dialog, select the Visual Studio's executable file and click Open.

4. Take a look at the AQtime toolbar - there is a combo box. Open it and select the "Tracing | Exception Trace Profiler" item.

5. Select the "Options | Options..." main menu command - the Options dialog will appear.

6. Set the "Profiling Time | Event View | General | Exceptions | Depth shown" setting to 100 and click OK.

7. Start Visual Studio via selecting the "Run | Run..." main menu command in AQtime.

8. Reproduce the problem.

9. After the problem occurs, right-click somewhere within the Event View panel (it is opened by default at the bottom of AQtime's window) and select the 'Save All...' item.

10. Save the panel's contents to an HTML file and send me the file via our Contact Support form:

http://www.automatedqa.com/support/message/

Thanks in advance.