Forum Discussion

PeterMitcham
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Syncfusion Virtual Grid properties and how to locate them

Hi

The product I am testing has a number of syncfusion grids where by the layout of the grid is stored as a virtual grid.

As users select things the look and feel of the product changes, e.g., A cell becomes italic, bolded or has a strikethrough and my aim is to test these changes by checking that internal properties reflect these changes.

I have considered using bitmap comparison but as it can be extremely flakey I would prefer to use alternative methods unless no other option. I also considered export, however that only exports the raw data and ignores the formatting.

The product I test contains grid data\features at 3 different levels

1 Grid Container

2 Grid Total

3 Grid Data

I assumed originally and incorrectly that cell formatting properties would be part of the lowest level (#3) within the selected cell properties. Grid Total only contains details regarding the total rows of the grid, and again appears to ignore formatting.

Grid container in theory should contain all the necessary information and I have located other view specific settings within this control, however, I spent a very long time checking every cell item property and I am unable to locate the required information.

I have also spoken with developers and they say its a standard implementation of the syncfusion grid control, with only a few customisations.

I have checked the syncfusion website and while providing information it doesn't provide it in the way that testcomplete visualises the methods and properties.

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: What i am looking for is the StyleInfoBase collection of properties, but still not able to locate them.

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Petermitcham,

Perhaps, you don’t just see the properties in TestComplete’s Object Browser. Make sure that you are using the Advanced View mode and showing of hidden properties are available. Refer to the Basic and Advanced View Modes ( http://smartbear.com/viewarticle/71396/ ) article for details.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Petermitcham,

It would be great if we played with the control you are talking about. Is it possible to get a sample application containing this control so that we could analyze it in the Object Browser?  Also, I can suggest that you submit a support case so that our Customer Care Team engineers could analyze the control and provide your with the method you can use.