Forum Discussion

thebick
Occasional Contributor
15 days ago

TC15 Log Details shows # of tests with warnings/errors, not TC14's # of warnings/errors

I had been running TestComplete 14.0.315.7 x86 (2019)

When my tests complete, the details showed:
# Total errors in the tests
# Total warnings in the tests
Start Time
End Time
Run Time

Now I am on 15.62.2.7 x64 (2024)

When my tests complete, results have two tabs, Summary and Log Details

Summary shows the number of tests: Run, Failed, Warning, Passed, Unexecuted

Log Details shows mostly what I used to have on TC14 -- but no total # errors or warnings!

Those numbers help me make sure that I have found all errors and warnings, but TC has now taken that away from me.

How can I get that back?

And why in TC15 is "Execution Plan" now on a separate tab from Variables/Properties/Issue-Tracking Templates? And where is the "Logs" tab that I used to have?

3 Replies

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

Usually with software, when there's a major version change, certain features become redundant. TC14 to TC15 is a major version change.

Execution Plans will show the following summary,

and detailed log,

thebick
      Occasional Contributor

The total # of errors and total # of warnings are not redundant - they are a validity check. When I go through test results (in Log Details now), if I don't come up with those values, I go back and find what I missed.
      Logs tab is also not redundant.
      But requiring two tabs for Execution Plan vs all the other sub-tabs like variables is redundant.

rraghvani
        Champion Level 3

Redundant, in the sense that it's moved and not removed.

"Log Details shows mostly what I used to have on TC14 -- but no total # errors or warnings!" - this is shown in the summary tab of TC 15, as shown in the screenshot