Forum Discussion

vijaymoreifm
New Contributor
3 years ago

zephyr scale server integrations with nunit ? Does it accept TestLoggers Junit

zephyr scale server nunit integrations

Does zephyr scaler server accept nunit integrations ? i.e. test results xml genearted by running NUnit Tests.

if yes, does it accept a Ant Junit Format generated by nunit TestLoggers especially JunitXml.TestLogger

my test results xml file gets uploaded to my zephyr server

{my zehpyr server}/automation/execution/{ProjectKey}?autoCreateTestCases=true

without any surpise errors (via curl), but I don't see any update to the test case' execution.

one thing which I haven't tried is using nunit-console-runner. Can anyone share their experience if this works and which version.

I used NUnit v 3.13.2

Update 1: I got some progress with useful response for this url. (And using older Nunit2 format, NUnitLite runner)

<myteams-zephyr-scale-server>/rest/atm/1.0/automation/execution/<myprojectkey>?autoCreateTestCases=false 
{"errorMessages":["Invalid ZIP file"]}

2 Replies

vijaymoreifm
      New Contributor

Thanks for replying. Zephyr cloud will be applicable when we migrate to it, until then we are stuck in zephyr scale server.

Zephyr cloud definitely has the auto-upload of junit.xml which I prefer, however with one limitation that requires test case id to be prefix or sufixed.Exspecially, It restricts flexibility when a test script can point to multiple tests case id's

Anyways, for now, I am successfully able to operate the zephyr scale server rest endpoints and managing my teams workflow through a small C# utility I have written.

Thanks for connecting and sharing the link.