Forum Discussion

AnandDharmar
New Contributor
2 years ago

can Traceability Report display more than 20 records ? can we configure the no

Hi Team, 

Currently,  the Traceability report shows only 20 records at a time and we have more than 2000 records so manually clicking on load more each time its very time consuming , is there a way we can change or increase the no of records on a page to display more than 20 records?

And also is there an API that we can hit to get the traceability reports with a specific filter. ?

6 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I'm using Scale Cloud and the Traceability report shows all tests.  Could you please provide more information?

AnandDharmar
      New Contributor

Thanks, Mister , I am able to view all the test cases, however in all the traceability reports when the results are loaded only the first twenty results are displayed and we need to click on show more to load the next set of results , in my case I am trying to get the total test coverage through the  Traceability Tree and i could see only 20 and i need to click on show more to load the next set of results, but I have more than 14k+ test cases and it's practically impossible to click so many times and also after certain page load the page crashes, So is there a way we can increase the no of records which are shown on the page ? maybe at least 100 + so that I will be able to get the results quickly. 

Thanks  

• Hi All, 

This seems to be a limitation of the Zephyr Scale and the only option that we have currently. 

Hi Anand,

Thank you for reaching out to Zephyr Scale Cloud Support.

We understand your concern. At this moment, the report displays only 20 items at a time and you need to click "Show more" to expose the full list as per the default functionality and we cannot increase the limit as well.

However, i will tag this ticket as a “Feature request” internally, and it will be added to our Feature Request backlog for review and consideration by our Product Manager. We will keep you posted with any available updates.

Thanks,
    Soumya

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi.  Thanks for providing more detail.  I don't see the same issue as you and I don't know why that is the case but I imagine you might get some timeout issues with that size of dataset.  Can I suggest you contact the SmartBear support team for help.  They should be able to find a solution to both issues of the 20 max records, and the timeout.  You can reach SmartBear support here:

SmartBear Support

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Thanks for Sharing.  The only other option I can think of to help you is to use the API and the Issue Links endpoint which return information related to tests that are linked to issues.  You can find out more here: Zephyr Scale for Jira Cloud API (smartbear.com) (I'm assuming you're on the Cloud version)

AnandDharmar
      New Contributor

Thanks, Mister for the API but I have found an easier way to achieve my problem, My task was to find the total no of orphan test cases, so though we could get the details from the traceability tree but it was hard because it allows only to view 20 records at a time,  but I found that we are able to filter all the test cases which are not having coverage in the test case tab. now I got the list of orphan test cases. 

Second Issue: Out of the linked issue I need to find how many test cases are associated with BUG.Is there an easier way to write a JQL query to find this like "coverage and issuetype = bug ?" which can give me the list of test cases that are associated with defects? 

Thanks and Regards

Anand