Forum Discussion

Veronika03
Occasional Contributor
10 months ago

Zephyr scale called steps not inclined correctly.

hs any one seen this!

This is a weird bug where test steps in Zephyr show in execution all then all the step 2s, and so on, rather than inlining the called steps correctly.

10 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I've not seen that before.  I'm assuming you imported the data by CSV.  I've captured file issues before, pre-import, where users have added hard 'carriage returns' into cells, i.e. by entering CTRL+Enter into an Excel cell, or where users have added commas (",") into narrative/text.  I think either of those would confuse the import tool.  Does the file look correct when you open it as a CSV file (in other words, you open the file in Excel and have to convert it using Text to Columns and use the Comma delimiter) - is everything in it's row and column as expected?

If the file looks fine when you open it as a CSV then I would suggest it's a bug and would contact Smartbear support: SmartBear Support

Veronika03
    Occasional Contributor

This is not the imported data from Excel or CSV. 
    The scenario is when I called 2 existing scripts one after the other in a new test then I saw this issue. 
    For example in the below test, I called 'client login' in the test step 1 and test step 2 'successful node and expansion' then it's causing all then in execution all the steps 1s and all the step 2s, and so on, rather than inlining the called steps correctly.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

That's interesting, and weird!  I've not seen that before.  I think it's a probably a bug and you're best contacting Smartbear support.  You can reach them here: SmartBear Support

Veronika03
    Occasional Contributor

It appears that the issue has resurfaced, and there are no files imported into Zephyr this is a new test writing test scripts in Zephyr. However, during execution, all the steps (step 1, step 2, etc.) are visible.

Veronika03
    Occasional Contributor

I tried to but i don't have access to the SmartBear. Could you guide me on how to reach out to support to obtain the necessary assistance?