Forum Discussion

anthonyomi
Frequent Visitor
2 years ago
Solved

Zephyr Scale Test Cases Not Showing In Jira Seach

Good Morning,

We used to have Zephyr Squad plugged into Jira and I was successfully able to create test cases in Zephyr squad, link them to user stories in Jira and search for them using Jira filters (e.g., project = abc AND issuetype = Test).

We are now using Zephyr Scale and it so far appears to be plugged into Jira correctly as I am able to create test cases from within user stories and also in Zephyr scale and link them back to user stories, however, I am unable to search for these Zephyr scale test cases from within Jira. When I use the same search query (e.g., project = abc AND issuetype = Test), only the old Zephyr squad test cases show up, not the new ones I have created, even though I can see them linked in the user story.

I'm just wondering if this is expected behaviour with Zephyr scale or whether I should indeed be able to search for and filter my Zephyr scale test cases?

This also impacts my ability to show my test cases in my Jira dashboard because I can't create any filters with my Zephyr scale test cases, only the old zephyr squad test cases appear in my filters.

I was watching this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6lPK_AT_g) around Zephyr Reports and Jira Dashboards and noticed that in my instance of Zephyr scale, I don't see the same dashboard gadgets as the ones in the video (e.g., Top Defects Impacting Testing and the Execution Details table). Should I be able to see these gadgets within my instace of Zephyr scale? or have the been retired?

Thank you,

Anthony 

• Hi.  As of now it's only possible to use Jira/JQL searches with Scale Server, not Cloud.  I'm hoping like many others I'm sure that this is brought into Cloud asap.

Regards, Andy

1 Reply

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi.  As of now it's only possible to use Jira/JQL searches with Scale Server, not Cloud.  I'm hoping like many others I'm sure that this is brought into Cloud asap.

Regards, Andy