Forum Discussion

anroza
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Test cycle freeze when done in Zephyr Scale

Hello,

Is it possible to freeze or archive a test cycle when it is done? I would like to avoid any modification on their test executions after test cycle is set to done?

thanks a lot!

Toni

• Unfortunately not.  I would like to see this feature added - a little padlock that could be clicked to lock the cycle.  There are some things you could do to make this work:

- Add a custom test cycle status, e.g. ARCHIVE, DO NOT USE, ...

- Create a new Archive test cycle root folder and move test cycles into that root when they're done

Hope that helps somewhat

9 Replies

Rache1
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hello all! Apologies, I reached out to the team to see if there is a place you can submit your feature requests. I'll let you know when I have an update. 

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Unfortunately not.  I would like to see this feature added - a little padlock that could be clicked to lock the cycle.  There are some things you could do to make this work:

- Add a custom test cycle status, e.g. ARCHIVE, DO NOT USE, ...

- Create a new Archive test cycle root folder and move test cycles into that root when they're done

Hope that helps somewhat

anroza
      New Contributor

Thanks a lot!

I will create a feature request.

4fml
        Occasional Contributor

Can you please give the link to your feature request? This feature is long overdue. I filed it years ago in the old ticket system but it had only been closed. It seems it was never worked on.

4fml
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. The separation into different tools was unnecessary and became a big disadvantage for customers. It made it very intransparent to see which bugs and feature requests are already existing and discussed by other customers and the vendor. This all belongs into one platform visible for every paying customer. Even more as they are selling software for exactly that purpose - incident tracking and test management.

anroza
    New Contributor

Thanks a lot. I have seen the feature is already posted but still no votes 😞

4fml please vote 😉

Rache1
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

You're welcome! Aw, good luck! 🙂