Forum Discussion

Possum
Occasional Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Search by Execution Assignee

I need to see the following

1. Which specific tester

2. has which specific test executions (by name and number)

3. assigned to them

4. and are they executed or un-executed

The idea is to track who has done what and who has what impending, but we need to see specific test case or execution names & numbers, not just the counts. So they can see what's assigned to them and click through.

If I'm going about this in the wrong way, please advise.  

Additional info

We don't assign stories to testers

As I understand, we shouldn't assign test cases to testers. 

I've tried the reports and dashboard gadgets but they only show execution count -- not name or number and they don't click through. 

5 Replies

Possum
    Occasional Contributor

Downloading a specific report will solve my need. 

Reports > Test execution results (either list or detailed)

The browser view isn't right for me -- which is why I breezed right by it, but if you  download  the report in Excel, it shows side by side which tester is assigned to which Test Execution IDs. 🙂 

Possum
    Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply. It makes sense and is very helpful & clever. (Seems like a miss on Zephyr's part though)

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I agree - I would like to see more focus on development of the product for test managers.  Hopefully it's on the roadmap

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I misunderstood your request and thought you were looking to share the information with your testers.  If it's just for you to check progress, you could use a browser report that shows all test results Not In (Pass, Fail), and if that list is too long and you need further granularity, add whatever criteria breaks it down, e.g. by team, feature, etc.  Having the browser option means you can share that report with stakeholders and the testers themselves... but you might be all sorted with the Excel way of doing it anyway 🙂