Forum Discussion

ecemkaniyilmaz
Occasional Contributor
11 months ago

Relation Between Test Case and Bug

Hi,

The bug associated with the test case can be accessed from within the test case. However, there is no information on the bug which test case it is associated with. Therefore, there is no access to the test case from the bug.

How can we track the related test case over the bug?

Thanks.

8 Replies

• Hi ecemkaniyilmaz, Unfortunately Zephyr Scale is not really that great in managing Defects. but there are couple of work arounds. 

1: as suggested by MisterB 

2: Generate a report (traceability report) and track the defect against the test case

3. Generate a Test execution results (summary) report, export to csv and then track the defect

Hope that helps

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

In the bug (Jira Issue) screen there is a Zephyr Scale button that you need to click to reveal links between issues and test cases.  Unfortunately it is not currently possible to set the default status of this button.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

That's OK, it's the same solution whether DC/Server/Cloud.  The Zephyr Scale link that you want to see, between the Issue (Bug) and test case is in the Issue screen.  Open one of the bugs and click the button I've shown in the screenshot above.  That will reveal a new Traceability section that will contain a link to the test case.  Unfortunately you will have to do this for every bug.

ecemkaniyilmaz
      Occasional Contributor

When I looked at the bug screen, I could not see such a field. Do I have to open something from somewhere for the field to be visible?

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

I could only hazard a guess that it's something to do with Jira project permissions.  I recommend you contact Smartbear support here for help: SmartBear Support

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

ecemkaniyilmaz, can you share your findings on how you resolve this issue?  It could be useful for others that come across it 🙂