Forum Discussion

AugusLuna
New Contributor
3 years ago
Solved

List of parameters showing in different test step

Hi, 

Has anyone faced a weird behavior when trying to enter a parameter on a "Test Step" or "Test Data" column?, for example, you want to add the parameter on Step 1, but the dropdown list shows in the next steps (Step 2 or 3), and it updates there and not where you need it then you cannot use that parameter.
I've tried reloading the browser, logging off, and logging in again I even restarted the computer and am still not able to use the parameters properly, which is annoying.
Any suggestions or fixes for this?

Thanks

• Hi,

I remember seeing this a while ago, when some of our users had test cases that had curly brackets ('{') somewhere in the steps descriptions (maybe through copy & paste or imported test cases). Since Zephyr Scale parses for those curly brackets, it seems to get confused by this.

Maybe this is the case for you?

Otherwise, I haven't seen this happen in a long time. 😉

Cheers

Josh

1 Reply

josh42
    Community Hero

Hi,

I remember seeing this a while ago, when some of our users had test cases that had curly brackets ('{') somewhere in the steps descriptions (maybe through copy & paste or imported test cases). Since Zephyr Scale parses for those curly brackets, it seems to get confused by this.

Maybe this is the case for you?

Otherwise, I haven't seen this happen in a long time. 😉

Cheers

Josh