Forum Discussion

asenecal
New Contributor
2 years ago
Solved

Jira Dashboard Widget, how to use Relative date variables

I'm looking to create a dashboard that would display the test executions for the last week.

I was hoping to make use of the https://support.atlassian.com/analytics/docs/relative-date-variables/ but it appears that the Zephyr scale gadgets are not compatible with this syntax.

Is there a way to input relative dates into the date filters for dashboard gadgets?

Thanks

• Unfortunately this is a gap in the reporting and dashboard features - we can't currently use variables for things like today, start of week, etc..  I've worked around this problem in the past by changing the URL (which contains all report logic and therefore he date parameter) but I am considering using bookmarklets with some scripting as a more elegant solution while we wait for SmartBear to implement this feature.

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Unfortunately this is a gap in the reporting and dashboard features - we can't currently use variables for things like today, start of week, etc..  I've worked around this problem in the past by changing the URL (which contains all report logic and therefore he date parameter) but I am considering using bookmarklets with some scripting as a more elegant solution while we wait for SmartBear to implement this feature.

asenecal
      New Contributor

Great, thanks for the response and the workaround!