Forum Discussion

pbdarwin
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

How to Trigger Test Automation from TM4J or ZephyrScale

Hi All,

The below link shows how to trigger Test Automation from Jira (with SynapseRT Plugin for Test Cases Management)

https://doc.goldfingerholdings.com/synapsert/latest/en/synapsert-ver-9-x/user-guide/automation/trigger-job-plan-from-test-cycle

I am looking for the similar capability in TM4J or ZephyrScale. If  you know how to do, please share.

Thanks,

PB

• The below is the reply from Smartbear support.

I have checked the below ideas portal and found that already there is an idea opened. Please vote for it.

https://zephyr-scale-cloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TM4JC-I-470

>>>>>

Hi 

Thank you for reaching out.

We can integrate with Jenkins, as seen on the page found here. This integration would allow you to retrieve information from/send information to Zephyr Scale to better integrate with Cucumber and/or to use Zephyr Scale as a reporting tool for your automated tests.

However, I am afraid we do not have a feature that would allow you to trigger a Test Automation from Jira.

As an alternative, we would like to suggest you take a look at ScriptRunner. This is a tool from another vendor but I believe you might be able to trigger test automation by using its features.

However, if the above does not suit your needs, you might want to access our Ideas Portal and search or create an idea/improvement request which you wish to be added to Zephyr Scale.

Our product manager conducts a regular review of the ideas in the portal to gain insight into what customers are looking for. Ideas are assessed based on several factors:

• How many customers are interested in this idea (votes/linked requests/sales discussions)?
    • Does this align with our near-term roadmap?
    • Does this align with our vision for the app moving forward?
    • Does this match what we see from our in-app analytics?
      Once a new idea is created, the status will be set to Reviewing. Once our PM has taken a look at it, they will be moved to another status.

We encourage you to review existing ideas, either suggested by other customers or our team members, and vote or comment with your feedback to help us shape and improve the future of Zephyr Scale. You can learn more about our roadmap here.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please, let me know.

>>>

2 Replies

pbdarwin
      Occasional Contributor

The below is the reply from Smartbear support.

I have checked the below ideas portal and found that already there is an idea opened. Please vote for it.

https://zephyr-scale-cloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/TM4JC-I-470

>>>>>

Hi 

Thank you for reaching out.

We can integrate with Jenkins, as seen on the page found here. This integration would allow you to retrieve information from/send information to Zephyr Scale to better integrate with Cucumber and/or to use Zephyr Scale as a reporting tool for your automated tests.

However, I am afraid we do not have a feature that would allow you to trigger a Test Automation from Jira.

As an alternative, we would like to suggest you take a look at ScriptRunner. This is a tool from another vendor but I believe you might be able to trigger test automation by using its features.

However, if the above does not suit your needs, you might want to access our Ideas Portal and search or create an idea/improvement request which you wish to be added to Zephyr Scale.

Our product manager conducts a regular review of the ideas in the portal to gain insight into what customers are looking for. Ideas are assessed based on several factors:

• How many customers are interested in this idea (votes/linked requests/sales discussions)?
      • Does this align with our near-term roadmap?
      • Does this align with our vision for the app moving forward?
      • Does this match what we see from our in-app analytics?
        Once a new idea is created, the status will be set to Reviewing. Once our PM has taken a look at it, they will be moved to another status.

We encourage you to review existing ideas, either suggested by other customers or our team members, and vote or comment with your feedback to help us shape and improve the future of Zephyr Scale. You can learn more about our roadmap here.

If there's anything else I can help you with, please, let me know.

>>>