Forum Discussion

AngiHowieson
Occasional Visitor
3 years ago

Exporting test scripts with images

Hello Community!!

My team and I have created test scripts in Zephyr Scale and need to export the scripts which is easy enough to do however, the "expected results" data is in the form of a screen shot.  Is there a way we can export the screen shots / images as well as the data?

TIA

Angi

2 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Hi Angi,

Welcome to the community! ğŸ™‚

I'm currently without access to ZS but from memory can't think of a way to do this using the front-end.  Maybe it's possible using the API.  I've added a link below which is for the Server version of ZS.  My guess is you'll need the "/testcase/{testCaseKey}/step/{stepIndex}/attachments" end-point to get attachments from each test case step.  

There is a separate API list for the Cloud version of ZS but I don't have that to hand at the moment - I'm sure it'll be in a previous post somewhere if you do a search.

Zephyr Scale Server API (v1) (smartbear.com)

Hope that helps, and best of luck!

Andy

josh42
      Community Hero

Hi Angi,

are you exporting the test cases as xls files?

On Server:

Using the xml export, you'll get the urls of the images in the xml. If you use the pdf export, the image will appear in the step as expected.

I think on Cloud you can only do xls or xml export and I'm not sure, if the xml will then look the same as on Server.

Maybe this helps.

Cheers

Josh