Forum Discussion

gsolyian
New Contributor
2 years ago

Creating a bug from a test case requires a resolution

From Test Cases, I click on create issue and select Bug as the Issue type.  When I try and save the bug it then requries a resolution.  We do not want this field to be requried but it seems like the configuration settings in Jira have no overview of this to modify requirements.  Issue is, when a resolution is inputted, that bug shows up in Jira as striken through because a resolution to the bug has been given.

Is there a way to turn off the requirement to enter a resolution on Zephyr Scale's side?

4 Replies

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

It sounds like this is a configuration in your Jira project and is nothing to do with Zephyr.  I'm guessing that whoever created the Bug issue type has made the Resolution a Required field - not always a simple thing to do.

The way to solve it would be to ask your Jira administrator for help - they may create a new issue type for you or fix the Required field in the existing Bug issue type.

gsolyian
      New Contributor

So I am the administrator and setting up Jira and connecting Zephyr Squad, etc.  There is a required field on the bug but only when it is being set to closed.  No where else on the bug is the resolution field required.  Whats more interesting is that issue and Task also have the same requried resolution field set.  But they are not being triggered to enter a resolution from creating an issue in zephyr Squad.

MisterB
    Champion Level 3

Well, that is good news - you don't have to wait for someone else to help 🙂

My guess is that this is a Jira issue and will have something to do with how the Required field or Resolution screen has been configured with the Bug workflow.  I did a quick search in the Atlassian community and found this link which might help, but if not, it's a good resource and I imagine you'll find the answer you need there.

Solved: "Resolution" field is required while creating issu... (atlassian.com)

By the way, just checking that you're in the right SmartBear community because this one you're posting to is for Zephyr Scale, and you mentioned Zephyr Squad a couple of times in your post ğŸ™‚

gsolyian
      New Contributor

It is scale.  I am doing a migration currently as well from one instance of Jira to another and they have squad and we have scale so my confusion on the two only roots from they are so similar in name.  Thanks for the link and I will check it out and continue checking.  Appreciate the link and the advice and will post back any findings I have.